Friday, February 26, 2010

16 Month Checkup


As Siena is getting more and more wary of the doctor these days (and for good reason; she gets shots practically every visit!), I decided we should "practice" before today's appointment. I pulled out my stethoscope and we had a great time listening first to Siena's belly, then to her stuffed animals'. :) The preparation worked like a charm and she was a perfect angel during the exam -- until the shots, of course. She's still a lean little one, weighing 20 lbs 11 oz (13th percentile), but measuring well at 31 inches (50th percentile). The doctor was pleased with her growth, and now that she's over 20 lbs I no longer have to feel guilty that I'd turned her car seat around to front-facing too soon. Afterwards she got to try her first lollipop, and ate practically the entire thing during the 10-minute car ride home. Her next appointment will be at 18 months, when she'll receive her LAST vaccine until she's 4 years old! Woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment