Sunday, January 11, 2015

Half a Year


6 months??  Really??  SO hard to believe.  These have been without a doubt the fastest 6 months of my life.  I feel like time is flying so quickly and I'm just holding on for the ride!  My life truly has been the "perfect storm" of craziness since the summer's end (as you can tell by my lack of blog posts):  the addition of a newborn to the family, my mom's and sister's relocation to Colorado, Joe's return to work and continuing with grad classes, my continuing with fertility teaching, and of course all of the usual shenanigans that come with raising 4 kids under the age of 6.  I'm not trying to complain, but rather wanted to note for the sake of family history that I am currently stretched to the MAX!  Thankfully I haven't been too proud to ask for help and have assembled a great "team" to get us all through the days -- a neighbor to take Libby and Siena to school, a friend to pick Libby up at noon, a neighbor to come over at 3pm while the little ones are napping so I can pick up Siena, and an amazing babysitter to fill in one morning a week so I can run errands (or even meet a friend for coffee once in awhile!).  These friends have been such a blessing and are also adding so much to the girls' lives.  Before we know it it'll be summer again, when life should slow down a bit...  phew! :)

Now for a report on our "little" Caroline, who isn't little at all at 18+ pounds!  She currently rolls all over the place, "crawls" of sorts by rocking on all fours and scooting forward, LOVES eating solids and easily finishes a large baby food container in one sitting, loves to bounce, napping well, and is starting to sleep through the night after a quick round of sleep training (thanks, Daddy!).  She continues to be adored by all and is such a happy girl.  Her rolls are irresistible, as are her cheeks -- I could kiss them all day long!  Having this baby is just a joy, joy, joy.  We love you, sweet Caroline!  As Siena says, please don't grow up. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment