Happy 2nd birthday to our Caroline Jo! What a great kiddo this girl is. What I'd like to remember from this fun (but busy!) time in her life:
- For many months now, Caroline has struck me as a little grown-up. She just seems to get things that I don't remember her sisters grasping at this age. She'll wet her diaper, for example, and proceed to take it off, climb up on the changing table, grab a diaper and a wipe, and lie there until I arrive to change her. She'll clean up her sisters' messes without prompting. She can do an entire load of laundry, short of measuring out the detergent, including switching it to the dryer and turning that on as well. She continues to go down for bedtime fairly easily, and once I sing the last song of the night she'll simply say, "bye!" She has already started asking to potty train and I predict she'll be the quickest to learn of the four. She is very aware of what toys in the household are hers, and is understandably possessive of them -- don't even think of touching her pink tricycle, for example. Anything new she receives (which is a rarity for girl #4) will be happily greeted with "a NEW one!". "Yay!" is one of her favorite phrases -- she has such a happy, enthusiastic personality. She's fairly busy and social and isn't as prone to playing by herself or sitting and listening to books as some of her older sisters, but she's slowly improving in those areas. Her favorite books currently are anything in the "Good Dog Carl" series. She loves pointing out the moon and the mailman, and has an affinity for dogs. Her terrible twos are starting to come out and she can certainly get hot-headed at times, but with a little discussion about her behavior she will readily say "sorry," "are you okay?" or "o-tay, Mommy." How I love that "o-tay." Of course she loves her big sisters and does her best to try to keep up with all they're doing. They certainly love her back! One of their favorite games to play (which Caroline does best) is "I don't like you, Mommy... I LOVE you!" So cute. The fun continues and I'm trying to soak up every moment! What a joy you are, little Caroline Jo. Happy Birthday to you!
Friday, July 1, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment