Libby had her 4-month checkup recently, and all is well. She weighed in at 15 lbs 10 oz, which puts her in the 84th percentile for weight. That's my little butterball! Her height was in the 51st percentile at 24 1/2 inches. She was all smiles for the doctor (she loves being undressed) and handled her vaccinations like a champ. A great visit!
I have to say, I LOVE this age. 4 months is such a smiley, rolly-polly stage of babyhood, and Libby is all of the above. She still loves hanging out in the Moby Wrap, but is now enjoying spending more time on the floor and grabbing for toys, Siena's hair, or her favorite playthings, her feet (they taste good, too!). Her overall happiness has translated to increased tolerance for car travel, which has made Mommy's life a lot easier! She is drooling up a storm and I wouldn't be surprised if we spotted some teeth in the next month or so. Her hair is definitely coming in blonde, more evidence that she takes after her daddy (he was blonde as a baby, too). The one area where Libby receives low marks is sleep... Our previous rockstar sleeper has regressed to newborn ways, waking every couple of hours throughout the night. I'm hanging in there, and thankfully Joe has been great at getting the girls out of the house on the weekends so I can get some good naptime in. After dealing with Siena's less-than-stellar sleep habits for so long, I guess I'm just not as phased this time around. More sleep will come eventually! For now I'm just trying to soak up every moment with this precious little bundle.





hi megan -- congrats on Libby's baptism! she is absolutely adorable... I feel for you regarding the sleep issue -- Sonia is right there with Libby (our issue is the falling asleep part in the evening!). I hope to catch up with you over email soon. Until then, sending good wishes your way for better nights ! love, doreen
ReplyDelete