On one of our many breaks from the long drive back home, we stumbled across this playground in Burlington, Colorado. It happened to be an EXACT replica of the playground where I grew up playing, a playground which has since been replaced by a "safer" rubber and plastic model. I've often reminisced about the "rocket ship" slide with my siblings, bemoaning the fact that they just don't make playgrounds like they used to. Well, here it is in all its glory! You know how most things from your childhood seem smaller than you remembered? This slide was exactly the opposite -- it was at least twice as tall as I remembered, absolutely HUGE. What a thrill it was to slide down it again.

If you look closely, you can see Siena standing at the base of the playground, looking up at Joe at the top of the slide. It was massive.

Woo hoo! Thankfully it was a relatively cool morning... I have bad memories of this slide in the middle of the summer heat -- ouch!

Libby occupies herself while we play. "Just give me a Gatorade bottle cap and some rocks and I'm happy, Mom."
No comments:
Post a Comment