Monday, September 6, 2010

Life with the Girls

With Joe back at work now and Winnie and Picky out of town for a month, it's been baptism by fire for me as mother of two! So far no major crises yet, thankfully. The biggest daily hurdle at this point is naptime, as Siena isn't quite ready to go to sleep by herself and Elizabeth is rarely sleeping when I'm putting Siena down. Needless to say it's difficult to create a serene environment for your toddler while her little sister is squirming in your lap! Somehow we get it done, but I'm hoping that I'll soon be able to put Siena in her bed, close the door, and know that she'll fall asleep by herself. I'll keep you posted!

Here are some pics from our latest activities:

Baking banana bread! I have to say I was quite proud of myself once those lovely loaves were finished, because with my little ladies "helping" this was a morning-long project! Lots of fun, though. Siena loved the mixer, as you can see.

Mmm... That's good batter, Mom. Salmonella, schmalmonella.

Siena has discovered my high heels, much to our amusement. In this picture she's saying "cheese!" for the camera. It won't be long before she stumbles across my sequined prom dresses from the early 90's... Watch out!

No comments:

Post a Comment